We understand that the needs of firefighters are unique. We are familiar with the organizational dynamics in fire departments as well as fire culture. We understand the unique stressors and working conditions firefighters face on a regular basis. Shift work and the hazards in public service impact the entire family.
We provide therapy for individuals impacted by the firefighter’s job.
We possess an in-depth cultural competency with the fire service. In order to stay current with the latest developments and trending issues in fire psychology, we participate in a peer consultation group hosted by the Fire Service Psychological Association in South Pasadena, CA.
- U.S. Fire Administration
- United States First Responders Association
- Fire Engineering
- National Fire Protection Association
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention/Firefighter Fatality Investigation and Prevention Program
- USA Fire Departments
- Heart Healthy Firefighter
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- Fire Rescue 1
- The Gift of Fear: And Other Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence by Gavin de Becker
- Pass It On: What We Know….What We Want You to Know by Billy Goldfeder
Note: Not responsible for the content, claims or representations of the listed sites