About Dr. Pytal
Dr. Anastasia Pytal, PsyD, is a licensed psychologist and the founder of the First Responders Resilience Center. Her area of professional interest and expertise is working with law enforcement professionals and their loved ones on issues pertaining to trauma, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, and work-related stress.
Through patient-therapist collaboration, Dr. Pytal works with clients to first explore a problem and understand its origin, and then she teaches them practical skills they can use outside therapy to live more productive and satisfying lives.
Speaker, Trainer, Workshop Facilitator
A nationally known speaker, trainer, and workshop facilitator, Dr. Pytal has addressed municipal, county, and federal law enforcement agencies as well as non-profit organizations, labor unions, and professional associations.
Dr. Pytal holds a Doctor of Psychology and Master’s Degree from The American School of Professional Psychology, Washington, DC at Argosy University, and has earned the distinction of Diplomate in Police Psychology from the Society of Police and Criminal Psychology.
She completed a one-year American Psychological Association accredited doctoral internship at Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital in Morris Plains, N.J. Her post-doctoral work was completed at the Metropolitan Police Employee Assistance Program in Washington, D.C., where she worked with officers, officials, and family members.
- International Association of Chiefs of Police – Police Psychological Services Section
- Society for Police and Criminal Psychology
- American Psychological Association-Division 18
- New Jersey Psychological Association
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association
- New Jersey # 5288
- New York # 020326
- Commonwealth of Virginia # 0810004880
- Washington, DC # 1000880 (inactive)
- Maryland # 05265 (inactive)
- Diplomate in Police Psychology-Society for Police and Criminal Psychology
- National Register Health Service Psychologist # 54130